Search Tech Prep
Please enter a search term to begin your search.
- Agricultural & Environmental Systems
- Arts and Communication
- Business and Administrative Services
- Construction Technologies
- Education and Training
- Engineering and Science Technologies
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law and Public Safety
- Manufacturing Technologies
- Transportation Systems
Learn more about the programs we offer and who our partners are by viewing a fast-paced, brief video.
- In the freshman and sophomore years in high school, you can explore the variety of career fields available to you.
- Participate in a first year experience program if your school offers them.
- Prepare for a technical career by taking higher level math and laboratory science classes.
- Be an active participant in the preparation and update of your Individual Academic and Career Plan.
- Meet with your counselor to discuss your career goals and enroll in a Tech Prep program prior to your Junior year.
- Be part of the development of your child's Individual Career Plan during their 8th grade year.
- Talk to your child about their career field interests. Each career field leads to a wide variety of careers.
- Carefully review the high school course selections so you are aware of what opportunities are available to your child.
- Attend your school's open house to learn what's new at the school.
- Parents often serve on Program Advisory Committees. Call the teacher if you are interested.
Business and Industry Partners
- Volunteer to be a guest speaker in a Tech Prep program. Students need to hear from our local employers about the expectations of the workplace.
- Be a mentor to a Tech Prep student.
- Provide an opportunity for Tech Prep students to tour your worksite.
- Provide part-time work for Tech Prep students.
- Assist a student with their senior project.
- Hire a Tech Prep graduate.
Copyright © 2005-2010 NWO Tech Prep Consortium. All rights reserved.